Started in 1994 Scientific Volume Imaging (SVI) is the sole independent company in the world that offers high quality restoration (deconvolution) and analysis software for confocal, widefield & brightfield, Spinning disc, Multi-photon and STED microscopy with fully automatic depth-dependent PSF measurement as well as bead based PSF measurement.
Huygens Software refers to different image processing packages, available for multiple platforms. Packages are intended for deconvolution, restoration, interactive analysis and volume visualization of 2D, 3D, multi-channel and time series images from brightfield and fluorescence microscopes. Huygens Software is named after Christiaan Huygens who discovered the diffraction of light waves. With SVI's Huygens you can work with multiple images each up to 32 channels plus time series. Huygens offers various stand-alone solutions, web solutions and plugins.
Huygens offers several different deconvolution algorithms to recover objects from images that are degraded by blurring and noise. In microscopy, blurring is largely due to diffraction-limited imaging by the instrument; the noise is usually photon noise. Huygens calculates a depth-dependent point spread function (PSF) automatically from the microscopy meta data, so that objects subjected to spherical abberation at deeper levels are restored with a PSF adapted to local conditions, yielding better resolution. For even better accuracy, Huygens can also generate (distill) an experimental PSF from fluorescent bead images to achieve the most accurate mathematical description of the microscope. Additional Restoration tools are available to correct for imaging artefacts such as unwanted movement between 3D and /or Time slices, crosstalk, chromatic aberration, and hot pixels.
Supported microscopy imaging methods:
•spinning disk confocal
•super-resolution STED, 3D STED
•light sheet fluorescent microscopy SPIM
Huygens software will significantly improve your microscopy images!
The Huygens software comes in different flavors: (Essential, Professional, Core), offering solutions for both single users and multi-user facilities. There is even an a web-based interface, Huygens Remote Manager, available for submitting deconvolution tasks via your internet browser to the compute engine Huygens Core. Huygens Essential and Professional make high quality deconvolution available for everyone, by combining the most advanced deconvolution algorithms with an easy-to-use wizard. Huygens improves the resolution and contrast in your microscopy images significantly, while effectively removing haze and noise. In this way, structures and details which would otherwise remain hidden become clearly visible. Besides deconvolution, Huygens offers a wide range of other Restoration Options to correct for other most common artifacts present in raw microscopy data. Additional Server and GPU-based Options ensure maximization of hardware performance, and optional 3D-5D Visualization and Analysis tools complement your Huygens image processing workflow.
A wizard-based user interface in Essential guides you step by step through the deconvolution process. In the preprocessing stage the intelligent wizard will check the microscopy parameters for possible problematic optical conditions of your image. During the deconvolution process, Huygens will also correct your data for spherical aberration, as well as bleaching. You are in charge!!! Whenever you are not fully satisfied with the results, you can always stop the deconvolution process in every stage and re-run it with different settings.
Some advantages of the Huygens deconvolution:
•Multichannel images are processed sequentially, allowing you to select the best result of each channel.
•Time series deconvolution of 3D and 2D images (multi)-channel images is extremely easy by selecting time series as one file.
•The intelligent 4D-channel cropping tool allows you to trim images along four dimensions and delete uninteresting channels to reduce the load on your computer's processing power.
•The Batch Processor allows the scheduling of massive amounts of data with pre-made parameter templates. You can continue with your other research work when Huygens delivers the data you need, quickly and reliably.
The various Visualization Tools in Huygens Essential and Professional help you to analyze your image in detail. With the Twin Slicer and the Gallery Tool you can easily view your multi-dimensional data, and compare your results with the original image side-by-side. A MIP Renderer enables you to obtain a spatial projection of your data from any given point of view. The Ortho-slicer gives you information of a specific point or area in all three dimensions. The SFP Renderer is also available for visualizing your object from different angles and gives you physically realistic detailed views of your 3D data over time, while the Surface Renderer and the Movie Maker make the visualization of dynamic objects in your data very easy. All visualization tools can be used without needing an expensive graphics card, because our tools do not use conventional techniques of polygonal rendering.
• Five stage guided DeConvolution procedure.
• Extensive Image parameter checking.
• Creates Image Histograms to spot problems due to saturation early on.
• Automatic estimation of the BackGround.
• Automatic Bleaching Effects correction.
• Automatic deconvolution of Time Series.
• Automatic correction for Spherical Aberration.
• Automatic Z-drift correction.
• Guides you along Multi Channel deconvolution.
• Thumbnail representation of images in progress.
• Standard up to 32 channels.
• You can measure, store and deconvolve using your own Point Spread Function (PSF).
• Handles many File Formats.
• Comes with one full year of maintenance.
• Remote displaying with X11, VNC or RDP.
• Automatic and manual cropping of datasets in five dimensions (3D + time + channels).
• Twin Slicer: easy comparison of original and deconvolved data
• Ortho Slicer: visualize a point in an image within three different views at the same time. Very useful to examine small objects within an image with many z-slices.
• Fast Mip Maximum Intensity Projection (MIP) renderer.
• Volume Renderer (Sfp Renderer) produces physically realistic 3D representations of your data.
• Fast optional Surface Renderer, to easily explore the different objects present in your data.
• Interactive analysis tools (optional): Object Analyzer, Colocalization Analyzer.
• 64bit version available for Windows, MacOS X, and Linux.